Buy Fiberglass and Wood replacement handles here at The Hammer Source!
READ THESE HELPFUL HINTS!!
Handle orders must be placed on line. I do not take handle orders over the phone.
Buy any 2 handles, get 10% off
Buy any 10 handles get 15% off
Buy any 20 handles or more and get 20% off!
If you are buying 1 handle for your tool, best get 2 different handles so you have a plan B!
If the one you select doesn't fit, DON'T COME CRYING TO ME!
If you are looking for a replacement handle, look no further.
Click here for:
Oval Eye Handles
Round Eye Handles
Rectangular Eye Handles
NONE OF THESE DIMENSIONS ARE PERFECT- AND THEY DON'T NEED TO BE!
PUT AWAY YOUR PRECISION CALIPERS!
The Hammer Source has a wide variety of WOOD and FIBERGLASS replacement handles. Some handles are made for specific hammers or axes but any handle will fit your tool if the eye shape and eye size are similar.
Read these Tips for Selecting Wood Handles:
1. MEASURE THE EYE SIZE of you hammer- The long (major) and width (minor).
2. Determine eye shape- round, rectangular, oval or teardrop.
3. Choose the handle length.
4. Handle dimensions should almost equal eye size. You may need to fit a wood handle. You can make it smaller. YOU CAN NOT MAKE IT BIGGER!
5. Pound the handle through the eye.
6. Trim off excess handle protruding through the eye.
7. Wood handles come with a wood wedge which is driven into the kerf first.
8. The steel wedge is driven in at a 30 degree angle to the head (about 2 o'clock).
9. Get 2 handles- have a PLAN B!
ALL FIBERGLASS HANDLES COME WITH EITHER A BK-12 OR BK-24 GLUE KIT- NO EXTRA CHARGE!
Read these Tips for Selecting Fiberglass Handles:
Fiberglass Handles need a 1/8" space around the handle to allow for glue.
Fiberglass handles include a glue kit unless noted.
1. Tape the bottom of the hammer head with masking tape.
2. Mix the two part epoxy- THOROUGHLY.
3. Pour some epoxy into the head.
4. Place the handle into the head, and secure the handle to a jig.
5. Pour the rest of the epoxy around the handle.
6. DO NOT DISTURB FOR 24-48 HOURS, LONGER IF LESS THAN 70 DEGREES.
7. Order a spare Glue KIT! (plan B!)
PLACE YOUR ORDER ON LINE!
Learn how to install a wood handle at this great article and video from Yoav Liberman of Popular Woodworking.
Here is a customer photo from Jerry who replaced several handles!
Handle return policy: You can return a handle for a refund but I do not refund outbound or return shipping costs.