Buy Wood Replacement Handles here at The Hammer Source!
READ THESE HELPFUL HINTS FIRST!!
Handle orders must be placed on line.
I do not take handle orders over the phone.
If you have a handle question, SEND me an e-mail.
Wood Handles are organized by EYE SHAPE.
Round eye wood handles click here.
Oval eye wood handles click here.
Rectangular eye wood handles click here.
Tear drop (pear-shaped) wood handles click here.
The Hammer Source has a wide variety of replacement of WOOD and FIBERGLASS handles.
PLEASE read here before you call me for help. I am happy to help but I am going to ask if you read this first!
The manufacturer or brand of the hammer is not important. The handles can be used for many types of hammers.
The important factor is, WILL THE HANDLE FIT THE EYE OF THE TOOL/HAMMER?
1. MEASURE THE EYE SIZE of you hammer- The long (major) and width (minor).
2. Next determine its shape- round, rectangular, oval or teardrop.
3. Choose the length.
4. Handle dimensions should almost equal eye size. You may need to file or sand a wood handle to fit. You can always make it smaller. YOU CAN NOT MAKE IT BIGGER!
5. Pound the handle through the eye.
6. Trim off any excess handle protruding through the eye.
7. Wood handles come with a wood wedge which is driven into the kerf first.
8. The steel wedge is driven in at a 30 degree angle to the head (about 2 o'clock).
NOTE- Axe handles will have the thin part of the eye towards the blade. Hammer hammers have the large, rounded end toward the head.
If you don't see what you need send me an e-mail.
PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER ON LINE!
Check out this great article and videos from Yoav Liberman of Popular Woodworking.