Welcome to The Hammer Source - Replacement Handle Source!
No longer offering USPS First Class 10 oz. and less. Horrible service. Choose FedEx.
READ THESE HELPFUL HINTS FIRST!!
Handle orders must be placed on line.
I do not take handle orders over the phone.
If you have a handle question, SEND me an e-mail.
Handle return policy: You can return a handle for a refund but I do not refund outbound or return shipping costs.
Round eye handles are on this page.
Find your wood replacement handle:
1. Determine your tool's eye shape:
d. Teardrop or pear shape
2. Measure your tool's eye size:
a. Measure the Major (long part) and the Minor (wide part) of the opening where the handle inserts.
b. Choose a handle with an eye size as close to the opening as possible. A tight fit is essential!
(If you find your handle is too big, you can carefully remove wood evenly from all surfaces.
3. Select the handle length.
Installing Wood Handles:
1. Pound the handle through the eye.
2. Trim off any excess handle protruding through the eye.
3. Drive wood wood wedge into the kerf (kerf is the slit at end of handle).
4. Drive the steel wedge in at a 30 degree angle to the head (about 2 o'clock).
Here is a video from a customer on how to replace a wood handle (Thanks Mark):
All wood handles come with steel wedges and wood wedges (if handle is kerfed). The wedge kit is included with the price of the handle.
Click here for Fiberglass Handles.
Check it this great article and videos from Yoav Liberman of Popular Woodworking.