Buy Wood Replacement Handles here at The Hammer Source.
READ THESE HELPFUL HINTS FIRST!!
Handle orders must be placed on line.
I do not take handle orders over the phone.
If you have a handle question, SEND me an e-mail.
Oval Eye wood handles are on this page.
Find your wood replacement handle:
1. Determine your tool's eye shape:
d. Teardrop or egg shape
e. Marquis or other shape (such as reverse wedge, Douglas crossover)
2. Measure your tool's eye size:
a. Measure the Major (long part) and the Minor (wide part) of the opening where the handle inserts.
b. Choose a handle with an eye size as close to the opening as possible. A tight fit is essential! (If you find your handle is too big, you can carefully remove wood evenly from all surfaces.)
3. Select the handle length.
Installing Wood Handles:
1. Pound the handle through the eye.
2. Trim off any excess handle protruding through the eye.
3. Drive wood wood wedge into the kerf (kerf is the slit at end of handle).
4. Drive the steel wedge in at a 30 degree angle to the head (about 2 o'clock).
Here is a video from a customer on how to replace a wood handle (Thanks Mark):
E-mail me if you have a question.
Round eye wood handles click here.
Rectangular eye wood handles click here.
Tear drop (pear-shaped) wood handles click here.
PLEASE PLACE YOUR ORDER ON LINE!
All wood handles come with steel wedges and wood wedges (if handle is kerfed). The wedge kit is FREE.
Click here for Fiberglass Handles.
Check it this great article and videos from Yoav Liberman of Popular Woodworking.