Council Tools BO500 1/2" Backing Out Punch 15" wood handle.
3 1/2 lb. total weight.
- Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
- Striking face is hand beveled.
- Heat treated after machining for increased depth of hardness.
- Heat treatment produces fine grain structure and Rc 46-54 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
- 15″ American-made hickory handle, kiln dried before turning. Eye section is then dried below 10% moisture content prior to assembly.
- Handle is hydraulically inserted into head and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge, providing a very secure mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of handle length is removed during assembly.