Thor 20-1616 (vaughan DB200) 3 lb Cast Aluminum Dead-blow hammer, with 2" white nylon faces.
A cavity inside the head is partially filled with steel shot which adds to the weight, prevents rebound and delivers 'dead' blows of maximum force.
- Faces are designed to wear and to be replaced by hand.
- All faces are one piece moulded.
- No metal pegs or inserts to damage the workpiece when worn.
- Serrations in the metal head prevent faces coming loose during use.
- Faces have a shoulder for extra strength and to prevent fracture from misdirected blows.
- Weight 1150g (2 1/2 lb)
- Face diameter 50mm (2")
- Length is 12 3/4"
- Fitted as standard with 2 White Nylon Faces.
- Replacement White Nylon Face ref 76-716NF
This hammer comes with 2 (two) replaceable white nylon tips. You can order these other tips of varying hardnesses.
Gray Soft Tip- Shore A 63-73 (similar to an eraser)
Red Medium Tip- Shore D 45-55 (similar to solid tires)
Brown Tough Tip- Shore D 58-62 (similar to golf balls)
White Hard Tip- Shore D 61-65 (Similar to a bowling ball)
Yellow Extra Hard- Rockwell R103 (similar to a hard hat)
76-716VF 76-716PF 76-716TF 76-716NF 76-716AF