Product DescriptionThor 20-1414 (Vaughan DB175) 2 lb Cast Aluminum Dead Blow hammer, with 1 3/4" white nylon faces.
A cavity inside the head is partially filled with steel shot which adds to the weight, prevents rebound and delivers 'dead' blows of maximum force.
- Faces are designed to wear and to be replaced by hand.
- All faces are one piece moulded.
- No metal pegs or inserts to damage the workpiece when worn.
- Serrations in the metal head prevent faces coming loose during use.
- Faces have a shoulder for extra strength and to prevent fracture from misdirected blows.
- Weight 900g (2 lb)
- Face diameter 44mm (1 3/4")
- Length is 12 1/4"
- Fitted as standard with screw in White Nylon Faces.
- Replacement White Nylon Face ref 76-714NF
This hammer comes with two replaceable white nylon tips. You can order these other tips of varying hardnesses.
Gray Soft Tip- Shore A 63-73 (similar to an eraser)
Red Medium Tip- Shore D 45-55 (similar to solid tires)
Brown Tough Tip- Shore D 58-62 (similar to golf balls)
White Hard Tip- Shore D 61-65 (Similar to a bowling ball)
Yellow Extra Hard- Rockwell R103 (similar to a hard hat)
76-714VF 76-714PF 76-714TF 76-714NF 76-714AF